Friday 16 January 2009

From Hem Line to Front Line

Superfreaks

Ballgown here with only one word to the wise: Ballgown is LIVE!

Sooo, crazy days right now as I prepare with breath so baited I could rope me the whole cast of South Pacific before you had time to say Jean Paul Gaultier! Respect to Jean Paul, though. Great times!!

So the world of fashion has once more taken a ham fist to the jaw with the Hudson crash yesterday in my beloved New York Cita-a-a-a-y. And just as we did last time the skies fell dark, so the stylish and great took a humble backseat, poured a cup of joe or espresso or what have you and listened as everyday citizens told us how it happened, what the story was, how fashion could help and offered kudos re the new line, as dreams make tragedy beautiful. Civilians spoke to me as if I was one of them and for a moment, I was.

Runnin' pretty, New York City girl, twenty-five, thirty-five
Hello, baby, New York City girl.

AMEN.X

It makes me wonder, if terrorists were born with the privileges most of us take for granted, such as fashion, would they be terrorising? New York is jam packed with folks who haven't been raised with an inherent sense of fabric-cohesion, texture-math and multi-tonal layering ARE THEY TERRORISING?

Piece x



No comments:

Post a Comment